ABOUT PULSEPOINT GROUP:
PulsePoint Group, proudly part of ICF, is a management and digital consulting firm that provides insight, strategy development and strategic execution for communications and marketing management challenges, with a special focus on social and digital engagement.
The firm specializes in C-suite and boardroom-level consulting. By combining creativity and deep experience with rigorous research, PulsePoint Group transforms data derived from cutting-edge metrics into actionable recommendations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Interns should have demonstrable and excellent graphic design skills that can be applied to both internal and client projects. Design interns will be involved in research and design development for infographics/data visualization, presentation development, and UX design for our Fortune 100 clients. Interns work closely with the entire PPG team to brainstorm and execute design projects. Must be comfortable receiving minimal guidance and using research, previous examples, design principles, and creativity to execute high quality work on a tight timeline.
We’re a close-knit team who cares deeply about providing excellence to both our clients and to our people. Because of that, we not only expect great things from our interns, but we do our best to give them the support they need to excel at PulsePoint Group and beyond.
This opportunity includes training, mentorship, on-the-job instruction, team-building exercises, and professional development. We believe in hiring interns who have the skills to become associates one day, so we strive to give our interns every opportunity to perform at their highest level.
- Interest in design for communications function
- Excellent understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Experience with data visualization and infographics
- Understanding of print production process
- Experience and understanding of UX design principles (no coding experience required)
- Ability to effectively visually communicate
- Logo design experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Desire to continuously learn
- Relevant experience working in PR, Corporate Communications, Marketing, or Management Consulting
- Business, Communications, or PR majors
- Enrollment in graduate or postgraduate program
- Application Deadline: April 21, 2017
- Start Date: May 2017 (Flexible)
- End Date: August 2017 (Flexible)
- Location: Century City, CA
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Compensation: $12/Hour
Please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio (PDF or link) to Becca Brown at email@example.com. It is in your best interest to apply as early as possible. We will be conducting interviews as applications come in, so positions may be filled before the deadline.
Selected applicants will be asked to create an original infographic from some data we provide. The goal of the work product test is to measure your creativity and out-of-the-box thinking within a required set of parameters.
PulsePoint Group, a division of ICF, is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EE0/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)